Your university education is a substantial investment. At UBC, we recognize the significant contribution you and your family make toward your degree. UBC offers many resources online to help with financial planning, and support through scholarships, bursaries, and other assistance programs.
What Does the Program Cost?
At UBC, tuition is calculated on a per-credit basis and are in Canadian dollars. A full course load in the Bachelor of Media Studies program consists of 30 credits, though you may choose to complete fewer credits for various personal or financial reasons.
- Per-credit amount (domestic students): $225.70
- Per-credit amount (international students): $1,011.97
|Credits in 1st-year||Domestic Students||International Students|
|Tuition fees are based on rates for the 2016/2017 academic year. For most up to date amounts, see the UBC undergraduate tuition page.|
|*Tuition amounts do not include student fees, which apply to all students.|
To calculate the total cost of a program and for a full list of fees and due dates, please use the Cost Calculator.
Students admitted to the Bachelor of Media Studies program pay a slightly higher cost per credit in comparison to a Bachelor of Arts student. Please see UBC’s undergraduate tuition fees for most updated numbers.
The revenue from the differential tuition fee will:
- Give BMS students access to educational resources otherwise restricted by admission, capacity, and/or equipment. BMS students will have access to otherwise-restricted courses in Film Production, Information Studies, Creative Writing, Journalism and Visual Arts. In each of these cases access also leads to small classes: BMS students will enjoy, on average, a smaller class size than BA students.
- Support the addition of a dedicated Program Advisor who will provide specialized program advising.
- Help to develop and maintain industry and community partnerships for hosting students’ professional experiences beyond the classroom: industry internships and co-op terms, community-based research, community service learning, and structured exchanges.
Scholarships and Awards
UBC is dedicated to recognizing outstanding students for academic excellence and leaderships. There are merit-based and need-based awards and scholarships available to Canadian and international students.