The Bachelor of Media Studies is an interdisciplinary, direct-entry program in the Faculty of Arts. Drawing on curriculum from Art History, Visual Art, English and German critical media theory, Creative Writing, Journalism, Film Studies, Film Production, Information Studies, and Computer Science, the BMS is a multidisciplinary program that combines theory, research, and hands-on application.
Students in the program graduate with cultural technology competencies for the knowledge economy, enabling them to work across many different sectors in a wide range of capacities. With competencies in theory, research, and application, the Bachelor of Media Studies program builds a foundation for a rewarding and dynamic academic or profesionally-oriented career.
- Direct-entry program with cohort learning each year
- Interdisciplinary: 7 Arts units and Computer Science
- Optional international term abroad in third year
- Capstone option at the Centre for Digital Media (opportunities to explore augmented and virtual reality)
- Active student association
- Professionally-oriented, with optional co-op placement opportunities in Vancouver’s digital sector and beyond
- Optional Dual Degree with the Sauder School of Business Bachelor + Master of Management