As a student in the Bachelor of Media Studies program, you can choose to concentrate your electives in a particular specialization, and add a minor to your degree.
- Minor in the Faculty of Arts
- BMS students can add a minor in any specialization in the Faculty of Arts. A minor in Arts requires a total of 30 credits in the specialization, 18 of which must be at the upper level.
- Some specializations do require certain courses, averages, and an application, so ensure you consult the department offering the minor you want to take.
- You can add a minor through the Student Service Centre (SSC). If the minor you want to add is not listed on the SSC, contact Arts Academic Advising.
- Minor in Commerce
- Minor in Science
- Only courses recognized for credit in the Faculty of Science and acceptable for a science major in the proposed subject area can apply towards the minor, and it must consist of at least 18 credits numbered 300 or higher in one program specialization, together with any necessary prerequisites.
- Students who wish to pursue a Minor in Science should be aware of the prerequisites of many of the upper-level Science courses. Space in many courses is limited. Admission to a science minor does not guarantee access to courses agreed upon for the minor.
- Minor in Land and Food Systems
When applying as a prospective student, students can also choose to apply for the Bachelor + Master of Management program, a Dual Degree program between the Faculty of Arts and the Sauder School of Business. Students applying for this program will pursue a Bachelor of Media Studies and Master of Management in 4.5 years.
Note: Students in the Bachelor of Media Studies are not permitted to complete a double major, honours, or dual degree program (aside from the Bachelor + Master of Management) option.