Graduate with more than a degree.
Explore your career options with Arts Co-op, while gaining 12-16 months of paid, professional work experience and a network of contacts.
Applying to Arts Co-op
Intake is once each year in September and is open to students in 2nd or 3rd year. Visit www.artscoop.ubc.ca for eligibility details, info session dates, and application process. Interested in learning more? Attend an info sessions to hear how the program works, the types of work and employers you can expect, and more. Senior Arts Co-op students will also be on hand to share their experiences.
What can Arts Co-op do for you?
Success after graduation:
- 90% of Canadian co-op grads receive job offers within 1 month after graduation
- Co-op grads earn 12% higher starting salaries than non-co-op grads
Lower student debt or no debt at all:
- Average co-op earnings over 3 work terms = $27,000
- Total co-op fees over 3 work terms = $2,477
- Return on investment = $24,523
Job search skills
- Techniques for writing effective resumes and cover letters
- One-on-one interview preparation
Enriched classroom learning
- Discover how your degree applies in the workplace
What types of work and employers can you expect?
Students work in a wide range of positions in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. See a list of potential jobs and employers here.
What Arts Co-op grads say about their journeys in Co-op:
“Doing a Co-op degree was the smartest choice I made at UBC!”
– Phil Casey, BA 2010, Major Geography, Minor Visual Arts
– Work terms: Rescan Environmental Services, Teck Resources
“In order to set yourself ahead of the pack, you will not only need to have experience, and ambition, but the connection to potential future career opportunities – something you can only achieve through programs such as Co-op.”
– Maryn Wallace, BA 2006, Major Sociology
– Work terms: BC Lung Association, Law Courts Education Society of BC, Richmond Society for Community Living
Learn more about the Arts Co-op program and the different experiences offered through the program by meeting some current and graduated Co-op students in their student profiles!